As the sun sets earlier each day in the fall, the USITC voted to expedite four sunset reviews on Monday (10/21).
In each case, all five commissioners voted that the domestic group response was adequate and the respondent group response was inadequate.
The four cases are:
- Sodium Nitrate from China (AD & CVD) and Germany (AD) from August 2008,
- Laminated Woven Sacks from China (AD & CVD) from July 2008,
- Steel Nails from China (AD) from July 2008, and
- Non-Malleable Cast Iron Pipe Fittings from China (AD) from March 2003 (Second Review).
No hearings or further investigative activities are conducted in expedited reviews.
The next adequacy votes for sunset reviews will be on those reviews initiated in August 2013:
- Off the Road Tires from China (AD & CVD) from August 2008 and
- Raw Flexible Magnets from China (AD & CVD) and Taiwan (AD) also from August 2008.
Sunsets to be initiated in October 2013 include:
- Lightweight Thermal Paper from China (AD & CVD) and Germany (AD) from November 2008.
- Polyethylene terephthalate (PET) film from Brazil (AD), China (AD), and the United Arab Emirates (AD) from October 2008.
Source: USITC website.